Featured
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Secret Teacher: I was undermined for a decade. Now I can call it bullying
My inspirational headteacher soon became intimidating. It ripped my life apart – but I know I’m not the only teacher who has suffered
I stared at the screen, feeling physically sick, as I read the long list of signs of bullying on a teaching union website. Excessive fear, loss of self worth, a reluctance to go to school, physical ill health including weight loss, disrupted sleep, headaches, depression, panic attacks. Suddenly it all made sense. The realisation left me reeling.
Related: Secret Teacher: the focus on exams is failing GCSE students
Instead of standing up for myself, I knuckled down and tried to work harder ... until I ended up in a heap
Related: Bullying is still rife in schools. Here's how teachers can tackle it
Related: Secret Teacher: sensationalist headlines can do real damage to schools
Continue reading... March 17, 2018 at 01:00PM- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Popular Posts
Wendy Mitchell on her extraordinary Alzheimer’s memoir
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Isaiah Haastrup: doctors to withdraw life support, parents say
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments
Post a Comment