Skip to main content

Featured

NHS staff are being pushed to the limits. Our protest is to say enough is enough

While we struggle to uphold a crumbling service, politicians insist all is well. Thousands are expected to gather this weekend to put them right

I remember my first trip to A&E: I was four and had dislocated my thumb tripping on our garden step. I remember the pain shooting through my arm; I remember crying a lot; I remember the doctor telling me I was very brave, and being excited about getting my plaster cast signed at school. One thing I don’t remember is my parents worrying about paying the bill. Why? Because I was born in 1986, a child of the NHS – and now I’m fighting to save it.

Related: NHS crisis: ‘I live in fear I’ll miss a seriously ill patient and they will die’

Related: The NHS is under threat. Only a new model of care will save it | Kailash Chand

Continue reading... February 02, 2018 at 05:12PM

Comments