Skip to main content

Featured

NHS trust boss resigns in protest over underfunding of health services

Bob Kerslake quits as chair of King’s College hospital board, claiming NHS funding ‘desperately’ needs rethink amid unrealistic demands for savings

I’m quitting as a hospital boss: dire NHS funding problems give me no choice

The boss of one of the NHS’s biggest trusts has resigned in protest at what he claims is such serious government underfunding that hospitals cannot perform their key role properly.

Related: I’m quitting as a hospital boss: dire NHS funding problems give me no choice | Bob Kerslake

Today I have resigned as Chairman of @KingsCollegeNHS. I do not do this lightly as I love King's but believe the Govt & regulator are unrealistic about the scale of the challenge facing the NHS & the Trust. I want to pay tribute to the staff & their excellent patient care.

Related: Jeremy Hunt orders NHS England bosses to stick to waiting time limits

Related: The Guardian view on NHS spending: what’s enough? | Editorial

Continue reading... December 10, 2017 at 11:30PM

Comments